Pinebrook Family Answers is a nonprofit agency that provides social service solutions (family community support, behavioral health, adoption and placement, and forensic) to the community. They have 3 locations in Pennsylvania and approximately 200 employees.
The agency must deliver a mandated, driver training course to new employees who transport clients. The current training was an outdated, passive 30-minute video that they did not own. Currently, they play the video towards the end of the new-hire orientation program along with a short quiz.
- The agency wants to update the training, make it more engaging and reduce the new-hire orientation training program time.
- The agency wants a flexible, mobile way to deliver training to new drivers.
- The agency wants a cost effective solution to deliver this training without incurring additional infrastructure expenses.
- Collaborated with the vice president of human resources (HR) and the HR professional to identify the training goals, learner needs, and technology resources and constraints.
- Developed a project plan outlining the course objectives, learning strategies and deliverables using proven instructional design methods and adult learning theories.
- Developed a prototype in Adobe Captivate 9 for review and revision.
- Once approved, developed the full course in Adobe Captivate 9.
- Tested the course on the MoodleCloud platform.
A 30-minute, asynchronous web-based training that the learner can access on any device and at any time where there is access to the Internet. The course starts with a short, emotional video to captures the learner’s attention. It also includes relevant, text/audio news stories and reflective quiz questions. Learners access the course using the agency’s current content management platform.