What can you expect when you work with me?
Finding solutions to workplace compliance issues can be challenging and overwhelming. My goal is to make the process as smooth as possible for you and to find a customized solution for your organization. Although each project is different, the following steps outline the process for a typical project.
1. Initial Consultation Session
In this initial session we explore the workplace compliance challenge facing your organization and determine the best approach to solve that challenge. We discuss the scope of your project, project timeline, your needs, your goals, etc. I gather all the necessary information, so that I can prepare a project proposal and estimate, if you choose to move forward with the project.
2. Project Proposal and Estimate
If you choose to move forward with the project, you receive a detailed project proposal and estimate based on the details gathered during the initial consultation session. The proposal itemizes the scope of the project and includes the project development timeline. Once you review and approve the proposal, you submit an initial deposit (50% of the total cost) and the project begins.
During this phase, I gather the following information:
- Who is the audience and their characteristics?
- What is the new behavioral outcome?
- What types of learning constraints exist?
- What are the delivery options?
- What are the online pedagogical considerations?
- What is the timeline for project completion?
4. Design I
Using the information gathered in the Analysis phase, I prepare the following deliverables for your review and approval.
- Course goals, learning objectives, topic outline, learning strategies and assessment instruments
- Media selection
- User interface and user experience design
These deliverables complete a Review-Revise-Approve (RRA) cycle. During the RRA cycle, the following process occurs.
- Client reviews the deliverable and provides feedback. (Repeat as necessary.)
- I revise the deliverable based on the feedback and return it to the client for review. (Repeat as necessary.)
- Client approves the final version of the deliverable.
5. Design II
Using the information approved in the Design II phase, I develop a storyboard and/or prototype of the course. This provides a visual representation of how the course will look, feel and function. The storyboard/prototype completes a Review-Revise-Approve (RRA) cycle.
Using the appropriate development software/tools, I develop the course based on the client-approved storyboard/prototype. Then, the course completes several RRA cycles. Once the revisions are complete, you complete a final review of the course to make sure everything is in order and provide your official seal of approval.
I prepare the final files, upload them to the learning management system (course delivery platform) and perform the functionality and quality assurance testing to make sure the course looks good and works properly. Once this final testing is complete, the course is ready for your audience.
After the course has been delivered to your audience for an earlier agreed upon period, I evaluate the effectiveness of the course based on learner data and feedback. I use this information to improve the next version of the course, if applicable.